- Original Caption Released with Image:
This image is a mosaic of the original data (at left) compared with the results of contrast enhancement (at right). The processing steps performed to create this image were:
- A long, narrow high-pass filter is applied in a vertical orientation to help reduce some of the instrument signature. This signature is seen as the streaking that is noticeable in the original data.
- A long, narrow low-pass filter is applied in a horizontal orientation to help create an intensity average for the image.
- The results of these filtering operations are the stretched to approximate a Gaussian distribution.
- The results of the high-pass and low-pass processing steps are averaged together to form the final product.
- The image is flipped about the vertical axis to correct for the camera orientation.
- The original and processed data are placed together in a mosaic.
- The completed image is sized down by a factor of 2, with interpolation, to make the finished result more manageable.
Other information available for this image is the following:
- Orbit: 258
- Range: 409.53 km
- Resolution: 3.46 m/pixel
- Image dimensions: 1024 X 9600 pixels, 3.5 km x 33.2 km
- Line time: 0.50 msec
- Emission angle: 29.90 degrees
- Incidence angle: 69.59 degrees
- Phase angle: 60.62 degrees
- Scan rate: ~0.15 degree/sec
- Start time: periapsis + 410 sec
- Sequence submitted to JPL: Wed 04/22/98 21:45:00 PDT
- Image acquired by MOC: Thu 04/23/98 12:23:02 PDT
- Data retrieved from JPL: Fri 04/24/98 09:00 PDT
- Image Credit:
Image Addition Date: